Hiroshima Folding Chair Selected for “Japanese Design Today 100″
To mark the occasion of its 10-year anniversary, the Japan Foundation has recently updated its “Japanese Design Today 100” exhibition, which has traveled the world since 2004, with a new lineup of objects.
Starting in Los Angeles in the US, Japanese products will once again travel around the world in this exhibition. This exhibition consists of 89 objects created since 2010, as well as 11 objects that represent the origin of Japanese post-war modern product design for a total of 100 objects. The product are displayed in the following 10 different categories: Classic Japanese Design, Furniture & Housewares, Tableware & Cookware, Apparel & Accessories, Children, Stationery, Hobbies, Healthcare, Disaster Relief, and Transportation.
Our Hiroshima Folding Chair has been selected as one of the excellent product created after 2010.
We are extremely proud that this chair will be seen by many people all across the world.
/// Japanese Design Today 100 ///
– Aug. to Oct. 2014: Toronto, Canada (Location: The Japan Foundation, Toronto)
– Nov. 2014 to Jan. 2015: Montreal, Canada
– Feb. to Mar. 2015: Venezuela
* The above travel schedule is subject to change.
< Exhibited Objects Selection Committee>
– Hiroshi Kashiwagi (Design Critic/Professor at Musashino Art University)
– Masafumi Fukagawa (Curator)
– Shu Hagiwara (Design Director)
– Noriko Kawakami (Journalist/Associate Director of 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT)
Exhibit Unit: TORAFU ARCHITECTS
Please see the official website of The Japan Foundation for further details: